Welcome to the Belmont Theater District—Chicago’s Largest Theater District
Just minutes from downtown in Chicago’s Lakeview and Lakeview East neighborhoods, the Belmont Theater District is home to more than 20+ theaters and hundreds of shops and restaurants within a short walking distance. From world-class theater to Chicago-style comedy and everything in between, there’s always a seat waiting for you at shows playing every week in the Belmont Theater District—Chicago’s largest theater district.
Who Are We?
The Belmont Theater District acts as an advocate to create, promote and strengthen the diverse artistic offerings of the Lakeview and Lakeview East neighborhoods to its residents and visitors. We’re a collaboration between the Lakeview and Lakeview East Chambers of Commerce in partnership with local theaters and businesses, with additional support from SSAs #8, #17, and #27. For the list of our Partner Theaters, click here.
What’s Playing Now
BTDChicago.com is your ultimate online guide to navigating the Belmont Theater District. Explore the latest shows playing on more than 20 stages throughout Lakeview and Lakeview East. Uncover local experiences, including exclusive deals from restaurants and retailers for theatergoers. And read the latest news from our partners.
Get In the Know
Join our email list via the form at the bottom of this page to receive insider information from our local theaters, including special invitations and discounted theater tickets.
Getting to the Belmont Theater District is easy, with unparalleled access via three CTA train lines, ten bus routes, bike-friendly streets, and in close proximity to Lake Shore Drive.
Getting to the Belmont Theater District by car typically takes less than 30 minutes from downtown. Once you’re here, there are ample parking options, including on-street spaces and public parking lots. Be advised that parking regulations are strictly enforced throughout Lakeview and Lakeview East. Most commercial streets have metered parking seven days per week, and most residential streets require a residential permit. Always read signs carefully when parking. Parking meters can be paid using credit cards or quarters at a pay-and-display pay box or using the ParkChicago app.
The Belmont Theater District is a bike-friendly destination. Bike rentals are available at dozens of Divvy Bike stations located throughout Lakeview and Lakeview East, providing a fun and easy way to arrive at any of our theaters. If you have your own bike, there are more than 150 bike racks located in close proximity to our theaters, giving bike riders safe and convenient places to park while visiting any of our area theaters.
The CTA operates ten bus routes that reach many of the Belmont Theater District theaters, with buses running approximately every 20 minutes daily seven days a week. Routes include 8 Halsted, 9 Ashland, 22 Clark, 36 Broadway, 76 Diversey, 77 Belmont, 146 Marine Michigan Express, 151 Sheridan, 152 Addison, and 156 LaSalle. Some routes run 24 hours, every 30 minutes at night. CTA recommends riders to use the Transit cards for convenience on buses, but exact change is accepted as well. For maps or more information call (888) 968-7282 or visit the Chicago Transit Authority website.
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) operates elevated (‘L’) and subway trains in the city and nearby suburbs offering quick transportation to the Belmont Theater District. Our theaters are accessible via three CTA train lines, including Red, Brown, and Purple line trains that make stops or transfers that reach the following stations: Addison (Red and Brown line stations), Belmont, Diversey, Paulina, Sheridan, Southport, and Wellington. The fare for one ride is $2.25 for ages 12 and up. You can purchase CTA Transit Cards, which automatically deduct fares and transfers and can be used on trains and buses, at any CTA train station, participating retail locations, online, or by phone. For maps or more information call (888) 968-7282 or visit the Chicago Transit Authority website.
Partner with the Belmont Theater District
If you are a theater or business interested in sharing the stage with the thousands of theatergoers who flock to the Belmont Theater District every week, we’d love to partner with you.
Facts & Figures
- BTDChicago.com was created to connect Chicago’s 1.5M+ theatersgoers and the wealth of award-winning, diverse, and affordable theater available in our area from our 20+ BTD Partner Theaters. Theatergoers can find shows and pair them with unique local experiences at nearby shops and restaurants to create a one-of-a-kind day or night out in the Belmont Theater District.
- An estimated 15,000+ people per week visit a BTD theater — a whopping 750,000 people per year!
- On average, the BTD hosts 150+ shows per week ranging from drama to comedy and everything in between.
- The BTD holds regular events to create excitement and raise awareness about our partner theaters and businesses, including tours, pre-show parties, and booths at neighborhood street festivals where people can meet and talk with representatives from local theaters.
- The BTD is home to hundreds of local shops and restaurants that perfectly compliment a day or night out at the theater.
- The BTD maintains a robust email list, with e-newsletters that are regularly shared with audiences of more than 100,000 people via our local chambers of commerce, aldermen, and community partners, as well as the League of Chicago Theatres and DCASE.
For more information about the Belmont Theater District, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Lakeview or Lakeview East Chambers of Commerce.
Lakeview Roscoe Village Chamber of Commerce
1409 W. Addison St.
Chicago, IL 60613
Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce
3138 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL 60657