While we try to make the summer last as long as possible, we are already excited about the treasure trove of shows lined up in BTD’s 19/20 season. Below are just a sample of the productions coming our way very soon. With more season announcements rolling out every week, keep an eye on BTD social for the latest news!
- About Face Theatre kicks off their fall with PACKING, a solo show about a “genderqueer vagabond,” written and performed by Scott Bradley and directed by Victory Gardens Artistic Director Chay Yew.
- American Blues Theater’s 34th season explores “then & now” with the Chicago premiere of FIVE PRESIDENTS, the 18th anniversary of IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE, a pairing of the classic script TRIFLES with the world premiere of TRIFLIN’, and the Chicago revival of Green Day’s musical AMERICAN IDIOT.
- TimeLine Theatre Company continues their exploration through history, beginning with the Tony Award-winning OSLO, followed by RUTHERFORD AND SON, KILL MOVE PARADISE, and RELENTLESS, a world premiere developed through TimeLine’s Playwrights Collective.
- Remy Bumppo‘s three selections highlight notable female characters, through the literary classic HOWARD’S END, adapted for the stage by Chicago playwright Douglas Post, Caryl Churchill’s standby TOP GIRLS, and the two-hander THE AGITATORS.
- Promethean Theatre kicks off their 14th season with the Chicago premiere of BLUE STOCKINGS, followed by an adaption of George Bernard Shaw’s MRS. WARREN’S PROFESSION and A TOWN CALLED PROGRESS, a world premiere focusing on an “imagined female utopia.”
- Otherworld Theatre’s 7th season, titled “Epics Reimagined,” includes COUNTESS DRACULA, THE WINTER WOLF, THE LEGEND OF MERLIN, and PUFFS, a romp through Hogwarts’ underdog house.
Want to get to know all of the theaters in the Belmont Theater District? See them all in one place on our Theaters Page!